Saturday, February 3, 2018

Refreshment


John 1-12 For You: Find deeper fulfillment as you meet the Word (God's Word For You) by [Moody, Josh]

Let anyone who is thirsty come to me and drink. 
Whoever believes in me, as Scripture has said, 
rivers of living water will flow from within them.
John 7. 37-38.

Josh Moody:

 When we come to Jesus in faith, when we, through trusting in him, “drink” from him, out of our hearts will flow rivers of living water. Do you treat Jesus as the great thirst-quencher? When you are tired, or frustrated, or needing renewal, do you go to other promisers of satisfaction—to entertainment or comfort of one kind or another? Or do you see in Jesus, and find in Jesus, the great soul-satisfaction that he here guarantees for those who follow him?

******

I have been really challenged by this truth recently. When I'm tired, whether physically or mentally and have some free moments, what do I turn to for refreshment? To an easy-read, gripping novel? To the TV? Is my default setting ever to simply turn to Jesus for refreshment? Why do I often not believe that turning to him will be far more refreshing than anything else?

The law of the LORD is perfect,
refreshing the soul.
Psalm 19.7

No comments:

Post a Comment