Monday, February 17, 2020

November & December Photos

Drying vegetables on the roof to be made into stock:


Teaching friends how to make pom poms and enjoying 
the woodburner in their cold village:




A neighbour caught an owl in their village and brought it round to us as a gift.
We politely declined- I hate birds in cages. He went with Jy to let it go free in some trees: 


Enjoying some winter sun, ice cream and a mini hike:




Visits to refugee and IDP friends in various camps:







Playing cat's cradle has proved popular recently!



Making DNA with mini marshmallows and toothpicks for science:

Enjoying a Saturday morning run. 
Not as good as parkrun but great to be outside running:




Visits:










Enjoying pomegranates

It took a while but I love seeing K reading chapter books on her own now:


Celebrating the publication of the New Testament! What a happy day!




The amazing cake!



I went with three friends (mums from karate) to choose new dress material. There were heaps and heaps of bolts of fabric- quite overwhelming! I had one of those moments realising I'm never truly going to fit in here- everything I liked the other ladies turned their noses up at; everything they told me to buy I didn't like! But in the end we all ended up buying exactly the same! They thought it would be fun going on picnics all wearing the same dresses- again, something I'm never going to totally get I don't think!


Weekend market:


The nice new (but not very green) park in the bazaar:



I made this 'rabbit' for a new baby:


Karate dinner:





A quick climb up our local hill with visiting friends:





Out for birthday dinner:



The word for mother-in-law in Kurdish is the same as for cactus! Interesting!


Enjoying time in the park with friends:





Kitten!


No comments:

Post a Comment