Sunday, August 12, 2018

Book Review: The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society


The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society: rejacketed (Film Tie in)
The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society
by Mary Ann Shaffer & Annie Barrows

What a book! I absolutely loved it and read it way too fast and was so very sad when it ended. And no I'm not looking forward to seeing the film version yet- I want the characters to stay with me as I imagine them a little longer. The book is set in Guernsey and London and comprised of letters mainly between the main character who is an author and all the other characters. The author befriends islanders from Guernsey in 1946 and learns from them what life was like under German occupation. It's fascinating, funny but also very sad in parts.  



No comments:

Post a Comment