Wednesday, November 22, 2017

Running


Race, Run, Jog, Sport, Jogging, Leisure

I have been loving reading through Matthew's Gospel. I have found it a great way to integrate prayer and reading as I pray for people as I go along. It's fun to see what I end up praying for people from the text which I would never otherwise have thought of to pray for them!

I particularly enjoyed studying this verse just now:

'Go quickly and tell his disciples: "He has risen from the dead."'...
So the  women hurried away from the tomb, afraid 
yet filled with joy, and ran to tell his disciples.
Matthew 28. 7,8


* the women hurried away- 
you feel their sense of urgency. They had amazing news to tell, they didn't just amble away. They wanted to be quick in telling of the resurrected Jesus. "Please give me this sense of urgency today."

* afraid
"Father, please give me a right sense of awe and wonder of you and my resurrected Saviour."              
       
* yet filled with joy
"Please Father would I be filled with joy because of the resurrected Jesus.                                            Would I not just have a little joy but loads of it. Would it bubble up and                                                 overflow out of me like a fountain for others to see and be blessed by.

* ran to tell
"Thank you that you have given me feet and a voice to use to go and tell. Please would I use them for that purpose today. To make much of you to people I meet (proclaiming aloud your praise and telling of your wonderful deeds Ps 26.7). To build up believers with the news of the resurrected Jesus. To tell people who may never have heard. Would I run and not be slow to tell, for the time is short."

This verse reminds me of Isaiah 52.7:

How beautiful on the mountains
are the feet of those who bring good news,
who proclaim peace,
who bring good tidings,
who proclaim salvation,
who say to Zion,
'Your God reigns'.

No comments:

Post a Comment