Saturday, January 7, 2017

Baby

Our refugee friends had baby number 6 a week ago. The mum really is a heroine. I don't know how she manages 6 children under 9, in a tiny room, with hardly any money, away from her home country, missing her parents, with only 2 hours of electricity a day. On top of that she's only 23. I realise more and more that as a Western mum, used to comfort and luxury, and keen on my rights that I have NO IDEA and have SO MUCH to learn from refugee heroines. They're the ones who should be on the Queen's New Year's Honours lists. Okay, rant over, here's some photos:


I worry about the kerosene heater they use- it's so old and lets out horrible fumes- must be bad for a 4.5lb  newborn.



I love the way Jy disappears off and plays marbles with the boys.
The camp has now become more of a townlet with tents being replaced by block houses, giving a sense of permanency.

1 comment:

  1. You are amazing to cope with the emotional strain of witnessing so much distress.

    ReplyDelete