Thursday, November 17, 2016

Voyage of the Dawn Treader

Today I started reading The Voyage of the Dawn Treader to the children. School on Thursdays is a bit different: I try to make it a bit more fun and easy. We read and sing more and do an art project (which today was making collage face pictures- more on the School Projects page):









I'm loving revisitng the Chronicles of Narnia. My mum read them all to me and my brother and made a big map so we could place where everything happened (I wish we still had it!). I knew we were going to love the next in the series just from reading the first paragraph. It's classic C.S.Lewis:

There was a boy called Eustace Clarence Scrubb, and he almost deserved it. His parents called him Eustace Clarence and masters called him Scrubb. I can't tell you how his friends spoke to him, for he had none. He didn't call his Father and Mother "Father" and "Mother", but Harold and Alberta. They were very up-to-date and advanced people. They were vegetarians, non-smokers and teetotallers and wore a special kind of underclothes.

No comments:

Post a Comment