Tuesday, February 2, 2016

John 17

I'm studying the fruit of the Spirit using Beth Moore's study book, 'Living Beyond Yourself'.
Today we were in John 17. What an amazing chapter! We are so privileged to be allowed a glimpse into the Lord Jesus' prayer to his Father.

Beth Moore says,

"This chapter has one basic message: Father, I LOVE THEM! Notice that Jesus displays a very partial love. He is not referring to the world. He is confessing precisely the love he has for his own. Christ demonstrated his precious, unspeakable love in at least the following nine ways. If you have a problem believing Christ loves you, the truth of John 17 should open your spiritual eyes.
Because Christ loves us:

1. He reveals to us the Father.
2. He gives us the Father's Word.
3. He prays for us.
4. He protects us.
5. He sanctifies himself.
6. He gives us his glory.
7. He places us in him.
8. He makes the Father known to us.
9. He desires for us to be with him and to see his glory."

(see verses 6, 8, 9, 12, 19, 22, 23, 24, 26)

Verse 23: "Then the world will know that you sent me and have loved them even as you have loved me."
Wow! God the Father has loved us even as he has loved his own Son!

Verse 24: "Father, I want those you have given me to be with me where I am, and to see my glory."
The Lord Jesus didn't 'just' save us (though that was way more than we deserved), he actually wants us to be with him and to show us his glory! Jesus is truly a  "how much more" Saviour.



No comments:

Post a Comment