Wednesday, January 27, 2016

Elisabeth Elliot

Last night, while I cut out shape templates for Maths, I enjoyed listening to a talk by Elisabeth Elliot from 1983 (you'll find it here: elisabeth).

Here are some quotes which struck a chord:

"You have to go out, you don't have to come back."

                                  "There is nothing worth living for, 
                                                                unless its worth dying for."

I was challenged hearing again the famous Amy Carmichael poem:

"Hast thou no scar, no hidden scar, on foot or side or hand? I hear thee sung as mighty in the land. I hear them hail they bright, ascendant star.
Hast thou no scar?

Hast thou no wound? Yet I was wounded by the archers, spent; leaned me against a tree to die and rent by ravening beasts that compassed me. I swooned. 
Hast thou no wound?

No wound, no scar- but as the Master must the servant be, and pierced are the feet that follow Me- but thine are whole! Can he have followed far who has nor wound, nor scar?"

No comments:

Post a Comment